Having a manufactured roof is like a savior in the always-increasing property rate. Having one can ensure you a better price, but you may have it so plain that it needs further improvement here and there.
As you’ve visited this article, you may wonder about the possibility of adding a porch roof. If you are willing to work on it yourself, find out how to attach a porch roof to a mobile home.
How to Attach a Porch Roof to a Mobile Home Roof
First, you should know what kind of roofing you want the porch to have. If you are into a simple sloping deck roof, it would be easier to make the roof for a mobile home.
The procedure of how to attach a porch roof to a mobile home itself is pretty easy to do. You only need to prepare the timbers for the post, beams, and rafters. Don’t forget to purchase the required screws and tools required as well. Of course, you need to previously measure the size of your timber to make the roof the correct size.
Then, to attach a mobile home porch roof, here is what you need to do:
- Build the roof posts for the roof side that sticks to your house wall. That would be better to do this first than installing the other posts.
- Then, pick a position to place your next posts. Place the outer side posts if you are already sure about the position.
- Then, attach the horizontal headers for your mobile home porch roof. Then, install the beams.
- Following it, you can proceed with attaching plywood onto the porch roof. You can proceed with adding roofing felt and shingles to complete the process.
If you are following the procedure, you need to remove the outer posts if you are about to move away. However, since the installation is relatively easy to do, you should not worry about it.
How to Attach a Porch Roof to a Mobile Home Roof with Existing Deck
Do you have a mobile home with the existing deck? That would be easier to attach a porch roof in this setting. However, just like the procedure, you need first to prepare the design you want to have on your roof and purchase the items required.
Let’s say you are building a simple front-sloping porch roof. The procedure of making such a roof will be as follows:
- Build the posts first on the back side of your house’s deck. Make sure that the back side of your posts got attached to the wall as well. You can secure it with some kinds of nails or screws. Then, set the posts also on the front-side of your deck.
- Next, you need to attach the horizontal headers to accommodate the rafters later.
- Then, attach the beams.
- Place the plywood onto the beams and secure it using screws.
- Then, cover your roof with roofing felt and shingles to finalize the process.
So, that is how to attach a porch roof to a mobile home. The procedures mentioned above are pretty similar to one another. The difference lies in how the posts are put. If you have no decks, the outer side posts should be attached directly to the ground. Meanwhile, a mobile home with decks will only require you to attach the posts on the fence—not directly to the bottom.